Workshop – How Digital Print is Changing the Established Packaging Sectors
Intro to Packaging - The functions and how these are developing with the adoption of digital print, changing capabilities
Packaging is more than printing
- Non-printed packaging is significant
- Material science of substrates, key properties of packs to protect the contents
Packaging Applications – food (and why food safety is such an issue), pharma, cosmetics, tobacco, household, general, electronics. Specific requirements for different sectors.
Packaging technologies – market overview
Market data - penetration of digital into corrugated, cartons, flexible, direct-to-rigids, metal decorating as well as labels.
In 2018 how packaging supply chains are under pressure. Changing retail structures and rise of new channels leading to new pain points and pressures.
Changing drivers for packaging
Engagement - promotion activities, will packaging become an advertising medium? How does packaging work in combination with social media
Key digital print technology developments – toner and inkjet
– how will digital print fit into the packaging infrastructure, what is needed to make a useful system.
– will commercial print companies moving into packaging
Changing costs of production as technology develops in:
- Narrow web – flexo vs toner (liquid and powder) vs inkjet vs hybrid production
- Cartons – litho vs medium web flexo vs toner vs inkjet
Session will be interactive with opportunities to raise questions / issues either ahead of time, or on the day.
The cost of the workshop is €499 + VAT. The workshop will run from 13.30-17.30