The Smithers team are working hard to ensure that we are providing our customers with the safest possible environment for the return of our in-person conferences in 2021. This process involves working closely with our venues, suppliers and contractors and complying with all relevant national and regional health regulations.
We want to ensure our delegates, speakers and sponsors can learn and network with maximum confidence. Your safety is our priority!
We can provide our customers with the following commitments through our Smithers Safety+ Assurance pledge.
1. If required at the time of the event, we may ask our attendees to wear a mask whilst walking around the venue, the exhibition area and the conference room(s) and only remove it when standing or sitting still (unless exempt)
2. Socially distanced seating arranged in the main conference room(s)
3. Exhibition stands & furniture in networking areas floorplans arranged to facilitate social distancing
4. One-way traffic system for entry and exit in conference room and networking areas
5. Staggered registration times to encourage social distancing at busy periods, including registering the evening before the event
6. Colour coded delegate ribbons to reflect the level of interaction you would like to have with other attendees
7. Agenda and proceedings will be offered in a digitalised format
8. Reinforced regular cleaning of all surfaces in main conference area and all networking areas
9. Hand sanitisers positioned throughout the conference areas to encourage regular use
10. Serviced buffet stations and/or pre-packed catering items where possible