Led by Sean Smyth, Print Consultant at Smithers Pira
The workshop will cover topics including:
- Intro to Packaging - The functions and how these are developing with the adoption of digital print, changing capabilities
- Packaging is more than printing
- Non-printed packaging is significant
- Material science of substrates, key properties of packs to protect the contents
- Packaging Applications – food (and why food safety is such an issue), pharma, cosmetics, tobacco, household, general, electronics. Specific requirements for different sectors.
- Packaging technologies – market overview
- Market data - penetration of digital into corrugated, cartons, flexible, direct-to-rigids, metal decorating as well as labels.
- In 2018 how packaging supply chains are under pressure.
- Changing retail structures and rise of new channels leading to new pain points and pressures
- Changing drivers for packaging
- Engagement - promotion activities, will packaging become an advertising medium? How does packaging work in combination with social media
- Key digital print technology developments
- Key issues
- How will digital print fit into the packaging infrastructure, what is needed to make a useful system.
- Will commercial print companies moving into packaging
- Changing costs of production as technology develops in:
- Narrow web – flexo vs toner (liquid and powder) vs inkjet vs hybrid production
- Cartons – litho vs medium web flexo vs toner vs inkjet
The workshop will be interactive with opportunities to raise questions.
Tickets for the workshop are just €499 in addition to your two-day conference ticket, and will include refreshments. Places are limited so we advise booking as soon as possible to avoid missing out.
Book now >