After the 2016 drupa launches the new high performance presses are being installed, with new applications breaking into mainstream corrugated, carton and flexible packaging.
This introduction to digital in packaging will focus on:
* Packaging - what it is, why it is important. Consider the functions and changing capabilities, primary, secondary & tertiary.
* Applications - food, pharma, cosmetics, tobacco, household, general, electronics. Specific requirements for different sectors.
* Changing packaging supply chains, pain points and pressures.
* Changing drivers for packaging
- New promotion activities - packaging as the next social media
* Market data - penetration of digital into corrugated, cartons, flexible, direct-to-rigids, metal decorating as well as labels.
- Values, print volumes and tonnage
* Key technology developments
- Large format inkjet - cartons/corrugated
- Hybrid flexo / inkjet
- HP Indigo products and eco-system
- Xeikon packaging suites
- Changing costs of production
- Inks (water-based v UV [& EB], water based UV and 2-part systems)
- Substrate - surface characteristics and treatments. Strategies to solve issues!
- Front end and workflow - new routes to market
* Key equipment manufacturers, narrow web, webfed, sheetfed, print-in-the-round, custom systems. Inkjet integrated into conversion systems.
* Key issue - how does digital fit into the packaging infrastructure, what is needed to make a useful system.
* Future prospects
Workshop ticket is €499* in addition to your 2-day conference ticket.